Darren is an award winning bestselling author.
An industry expert with an active media presence.
You will often hear him on radio,
view his video blogs, read his articles
or watch him on TV
and on the international stage
at boat shows, corporate
and lifestyle events.
BUY MY BOOKs
Honey, let's buy a BOAT!
Boat Ownership - Everything you wanted to know about buying (and selling) a recreational power boat but didn't know who to ask.
AWARD WINNING + BESTSELLER
- The only 'How to' book in Australia
- Expert tips from an industry insider
- 35yrs of boating experience to share
- Advice on buying used and new
- Pre-Purchase Inspections
- Making An Offer, Clear Title
- Negotiate the right deal for the right boat
- Ideal for both buyers and sellers
- 360 pages with colour photos
- Engines, Storage, Maintenance & Costs
- Safety & Weather, Trailers & Berths
- Advice + Tips will SAVE you $'000s
- Boating industry 2014 award winner
- iTunes No 5 Top Charts
Available in both paperback and eBook versions.
BOOK 2 (my sequel)
Honey, let's go BOATING!
101 bucket list of boating destinations
- 101 Victorian boating destinations explained
- 930 pages of history, background and photo's
- Coffee shops and restaurants
- Supermarkets and boat ramps
- Nearest fuel docks and marinas
- Port Phillip, Melbourne CBD and Rivers
- Western Port, Gippsland Lakes
- Bellarine and Mornington Peninsula's
- West Coast & Wilsons Prom
- Inland Waterways, Lakes and Rivers
- Interviews with boaties who share experiences and their secrets!
- A must-read for experienced and novice boaties, the kids too!
- The ideal gift!
Available in both paperback and eBook versions.
BOOK 3 (my sequels, sequel)
Honey, let's sell the BOAT!
Finding the right buyer at the right price.
- 9 Practical Steps -
FINDING THE RIGHT BUYER
- 9 Practical Steps -
Advice from an industry insider's perspective.
- Written specifically for the Australian market.
- Your selling choices; sell privately or hire an expert?
- What's your boat really worth?
- Best value for your advertising dollar. How and where?
- Competing in an overcrowded market. Stand out to get buyers attention
- How to prepare your boat and trailer 'for sale'
- Selling with clear-title
- Pre-purchase inspections and sea trials
- Offers, Deposits and Settlement day
- Sample forms to protect yourself
- Sellers mistakes, learning from others
LISTEN TO DARREN
<LIVE> ON RADIO 3AW
Starting mid-December to March
Saturday: 6.45a, 7.45a and 9.45a
Sunday: 6.45a, and 7.45a
and selected weekdays: 6.55a and 12.55p
Download a Free Chapter
Add your email to our 'VIP Boatie List' for special offers and download a FREE chapter of the award winning bestseller; Honey, let's buy a BOAT!
All my selling questions answered
“Whether a big boat, trailer boat, cruiser, pwc, tinny or sailing craft, the same principles apply. Written for the Australian marketplace from the unique perspective of an ‘industry insider’ with tons of experience. This book answers all of your questions"
- Steven Potts, Former CEO Boating Industry Association Of Victoria
Informative, educational and a great read
About 4 weeks ago I said to my wife & family that I wanted to buy a boat. Then a few days later I was given your book 'Honey, let's buy a BOAT! as a gift. Perfect timing!
I found this book very informative, educational & a great read. I am now much more knowledgeable about every aspect of buying, operating & owning a boat. Darren also personally gave me very helpful advice when it came to looking at used boats vs new boats. I can certainly recommend this book to anyone considering buying a boat.
- Braham Korman, newbie Boatie from Phillip Island
I’ll just open a page to follow your advice
A great read for the entire family. Your book; Honey, let's go BOATING! is as much about tourism as it is about boating. I didn’t know there is such a large choice of great destinations to go boating in Victoria. No longer will we be concerned about where to go with the family, I’ll just open a page to follow your advice. Darren really is “The Boat Guy”.
- Matt Rockman – Boatie & Founder of Seek, Entrepreneur
A must read for new and experienced boaties alike.
I have never met anyone with such a passion for power boats as Darren. He is a straight shooter with a total commitment to getting people on the water and enjoying the great Australian boating lifestyle. This book is a must read for new and experienced boaties alike.
- Ross Kilborn, Boatie & Former Sports Development Director for Yachting Australia
Author / Speaker / Presenter
'THE Boat Guy'
Darren Finkelstein is ‘The Boat Guy’ and former Marina Manager at Victoria's newest marina: Wyndham Harbour, which is located on the northwestern shores of Port Phillip, at Werribee South.
Darren himself is a passionate boat owner and keen fisherman. In fact, he felt so strongly about boating that he underwent the full `sea-change’, walked away from a high profile career at Apple and vowed to never return to a ‘real job’ within corporate Australia. In 2002 he then went on a journey to make boating his profession by a founding industry accredited dealer; St Kilda Boat Sales and Service Centre located at both St Kilda Marina and Wyndham Harbour. After 15 years of successfully running that business, Darren sold out in 2017.
Considered as an industry expert, he has an active media presence. You will often hear him on the radio, view his video blogs, read his books and articles or watch him on the international stage at boat shows, corporate and lifestyle events.
His energy for boating and zest for life is contagious, attracting many to discover the joys of boat ownership.
'The Boat Guy' can be heard <live> on 3AW doing the Beach N' Bay reports and on TV presenting for the program 'All About Boats' shown on Foxtel and ch7.
Darren is also the proud Ambassador and Online Presenter for the 'Life's Better With A Boat' campaign.
Regularly featured in the press, radio and TV sharing his own unique form of advice and wisdom.
Order your copies here. Gift Certificates available.
Hire Darren for your next event or deadline. He'll work with you to meet your objectives.
Good news travels fast. The talk at the marina is about 'The Boat Guy', read what they say.
Darren can be heard on radio 3AW (693AM) over summer doing his unique <live> Beach N' Bay reports and on TV presenting for the program "All About Boats" shown on Foxtel and ch7.
Darren has long-term speaking arrangements with Mirvac for Marina YE and was the former Marina Manager and Boating Ambassador for Wyndham Harbour, Victoria's newest marina development. Located on the northwestern side of Port Phillip, Wyndham Harbour will have state-of-the-art facilities, up to 1,000 wet berths and 390 dry-berths.
Darren is an Ambassador and Online Presenter for the "Life's Better With A Boat" campaign for the Boating Industry Association to promote boating and lifestyle.
A long-term partnership with Dent helps entrepreneurs and business leaders in London, Tampa Florida, Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane and Singapore to stand out through the 40 week entrepreneurial program called 'Key Person Of Influence'. Darren is heavily involved with DENT and the Key Person Of Influence as a speaker, graduate and alumni.
Darren writes blogs, articles and other material for a number of; magazines, newspapers and online.
IT'S NOT ABOUT THE BOAT
- it's actually about connecting and reconnecting people....
- Moving the kids off the computer and into the outdoors to breathe fresh air and learn important life skills.
- Clearing the way for parents to not focus on work for long enough to teach the kids to waterski, catch a fish and make conversation.
- We want to empower the ladies so they too can enjoy quality time on the water with their family and not just spectate from the sidelines, but to participate hands on with the family unit.
- Getting the blokes together to catch that big one that last time got away..... and to talk to their mates 'about stuff' and we know that is good for men's health. To have the ladies catch 'the fish of the day' becuase it's not just about the blokes.
Never before has there been a better time to get on the water, sharing quality time with family and friends. It's all about lifestyle, because you know that life is too short.
For your 'complete and pleasurable boating experience' check out the current list of new and used boats listed for sale, then contact Michael Polan and his crew at St Kilda Boat Sales.
Boat Sales (03) 9525-5500
Service Centre (03) 9534-8213
Darren 'The Boat Guy' loves hearing from fellow boaties, ch7/Foxtel viewers and 3AW listeners who have questions for him.
C'mon email your questions to Darren below, he'll personally reply.