Darren is an award winning bestselling author.
An industry expert with an active media presence.
You will often hear him on radio,
view his video blogs, read his articles
or watch him on TV
and on the international stage
at boat shows, corporate
and lifestyle events.
BUY MY BOOKs
BOOK 1 - where it all began...
Honey, let's buy a BOAT!
Boat Ownership - Everything you wanted to know about buying (and selling) a recreational power boat but didn't know who to ask.
AWARD WINNING + BESTSELLER
- The only 'How to' book in Australia
- Expert tips from an industry insider
- 35yrs of boating experience to share
- Advice on buying used and new
- Pre-Purchase Inspections
- Making An Offer, Clear Title
- Negotiate the right deal for the right boat
- Ideal for both buyers and sellers
- 360 pages with colour photos
- Engines, Storage, Maintenance & Costs
- Safety & Weather, Trailers & Berths
- Advice + Tips will SAVE you $'000s
- Boating industry 2014 award winner
- iTunes No 5 Top Charts
Available in both paperback and eBook versions.
BOOK 2 - my sequel...
Honey, let's go BOATING!
101 bucket list of boating destinations (Victorian Edition)
- 101 Victorian boating destinations explained
- 930 pages of history, background and photo's
- Coffee shops and restaurants
- Supermarkets and boat ramps
- Nearest fuel docks and marinas
- Port Phillip, Melbourne CBD and Rivers
- Western Port, Gippsland Lakes
- Bellarine and Mornington Peninsula's
- West Coast & Wilsons Prom
- Inland Waterways, Lakes and Rivers
- Interviews with boaties who share experiences and their secrets!
- A must read for experienced and novice boaties, the kids too!
- The ideal gift!
Available in both paperback and eBook versions.
BOOK 3 - my final book in the trilogy...
(available October 2017
Honey, let's sell the BOAT!
How to find the right buyer at the right price.
- 9 practical steps -
Advice from an industry insider and 'accredited dealer/broker'.
- Written specifically for the Australian market.
- Your selling choices; sell privately or hire an expert?
- What's your boat really worth?
- Best value for your advertising dollar. How and where?
- Competing in a overcrowded market. Stand out to get buyers attention
- How to prepare your boat and trailer 'for sale'
- Selling with clear-title
- Pre-purchase inspections and sea trials
- Offers, Deposits and Settlement day
- Sample forms to protect yoursel
- Sellers mistakes, learning from others
Download a Free Chapter
Add your email to our 'VIP List' for special offers then download a FREE chapter of the award winning bestseller; Honey, let's buy a BOAT!
Watch Darren in action on stage at Boat Shows
Darren's Beach N' Bay reports
<live> on radio 3AW
Summer from December to March
Weekends: 6.45a, 7.45a and 9.45a
Weekdays: 6.55a, 7.55a and 12.55p
Author / Speaker / Presenter
'THE Boat Guy'
Darren Finkelstein is ‘The Boat Guy’. He buys, sells, services, repairs, fuels and maintains power boats. He offers advice to prospective boat owners around Australia as Dealer Principal and co-owner of St Kilda Boat Sales; an industry accredited dealer and broker with an enviable client base.
Darren himself is a passionate boat owner and keen fisherman. In fact, he felt so strongly about boating that he underwent the full `sea-change’, walked away from a high profile career at Apple and vowed to never return to a ‘real job’ within corporate Australia. He then went on a journey to make boating his profession.
Considered as an industry expert, he has an active media presence. You will often hear him on radio, view his video blogs, read his books and articles or watch him on the international stage at boat shows, corporate and lifestyle events.
His energy for boating and zest for life is contagious, attracting many to discover the joys of boat ownership.
'The Boat Guy' can be heard <live> on 3AW doing the Beach N' Bay reports and on TV presenting for the program 'All About Boats' shown on Foxtel and ch7.
Darren is also the proud Ambassador and Online Presenter for the 'Life's Better With A Boat' campaign and Boating Ambassador for Wyndham Harbour.
Regularly featured in the press, radio and TV sharing his own unique form of advice and wisdom.
Order your copies here. Gift Certificates available.
Hire Darren for your next event or deadline. He'll work with you to meet your objectives.
Good news travels fast. The talk at the marina is about 'The Boat Guy', read what they say.
Darren can be heard on radio 3AW (693AM) doing his unique <live> Beach N' Bay reports and on TV presenting for the program "All About Boats" shown on Foxtel and ch7.
Darren has long-term speaking arrangements with Mirvac for Marina YE and is the 'Boating Ambassador' for Wyndham Harbour, Victoria's newest marina development. Located on the north western-side of Port Phillip, Wyndham Harbour will have state-of-the-art facilities, up to 1,000 wet berths, 390 dry-berths and its own exclusive marina club.
Darren is an Ambassador and Online Presenter for the "Life's Better With A Boat" campaign for the Boating Industry Association to promote boating and lifestyle.
A long-term partnership with Entrevo helps entrepreneurs and business leaders in London, Tampa Florida, Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane and Singapore to stand out through the 40 week entrepreneurial program called 'Key Person Of Influence'. Darren is heaviliy involved with KPI as a speaker, graduate and alumni.
As a specialist contributor and subject matter expert for marine, lifestyle and recreation; Darren writes blogs, articles and other material for a number of; magazines, newspapers and online.
IT'S NOT ABOUT THE BOAT
- it's actually about connecting and reconnecting people....
- Moving the kids off the computer and into the outdoors to breathe fresh air and learn important life skills.
- Clearing the way for parents to not focus on work for long enough to teach the kids to waterski, catch a fish and make conversation.
- We want to empower the ladies so they too can enjoy quality time on the water with their family and not just spectate from the sidelines, but to participate hands on with the family unit.
- Getting the blokes together to catch that big one that last time got away..... and to talk to their mates 'about stuff' and we know that is good for men's health. To have the ladies catch 'the fish of the day' becuase it's not just about the blokes.
Never before has there been a better time to get on the water, sharing quality time with family and friends. It's all about lifestyle, because you know that life is too short.
For your 'complete and pleasurable boating experience' check out our current list of new and used boats listed for sale, then contact the crew at the St Kilda Boat Sales office at St Kilda Marina or Wyndham Harbour.
Boat Sales (03) 9525-5500
Service Centre (03) 9534-8213
Darren 'The Boat Guy' loves hearing from fellow boaties, ch7/Foxtel viewers and 3AW listeners who have a question for him.
C'mon email your questions to Darren below, he'll personally respond shortly!